вторник, 14 октября 2008 г.

best fight scenes




Friday night Paul, Darra, and I went to check out the new iteration of Dizzy Issieapos;s, The Dizz. Dizzy Issieapos;s was sold at the end of last year or the beginning of this year and then was closed for several months while the new owners renamed it and revamped it. Anyone who watches Ace of Cakes should be familiar with this bar as it is directly across the street from Charm City Cakes and they have mentioned it many times on the show.

I only made it to Dizzy Issieapos;s once when it was open, so itapos;s hard to compare it to The Dizz. But I will do my best. Dizzy Issieapos;s definitely had a dive bar feel. Although I think the patronage is still pretty much the same (MICA students drinking and older longtime area residents enjoying the food), the space is definitely different. Itapos;s much nicer looking now. The floors have been redone, the tables are now all decorated with tablecloths and candles. Upstairs, gone is the pool table and scary looking couches. It is now entirely filled with dining tables.

As with Dizzy Issieapos;s the service was slow. I will commend them for bringing up a table out of the basement for us after we had been already been waiting awhile to be seated and it was obvious we were going to be waiting even longer. Partly I think because people were staying and drinking at their tables, and partly because of the aforementioned slow service. Itapos;s hard to turn over tables quickly when it takes a long time to order and subsequently get your food.

The food was pretty decent bar food. Pretty much on par from the one meal I remember eating at Dizzy Issieapos;s. There is a standard bar menu and then 2 pages worth of "specials" that are handwritten photocopies stuck in the front pocket of the menu. Based on the offerings on the specials pages Iapos;m guessing most of these specials are fairly permanent.

Paul was pleased because they had a special section set aside for vegetarians even if it wasnapos;t that big. He wound up ordering the veggie quesadillas, and he said they were ok, but nothing great.

Darra and I both ordered the Old Bay grilled chicken sandwich. I had been watching someone eat old bay wings while we were waiting and thinking they looked really tasty, but when I saw this on the menu I figured it was satisfy my old bay chicken craving but way healthier than wings. It was a tasty sandwich in my opinion. The sandwich was served with chips, but Darra and I both ordered sides. I had sweet potato fries and Darra had onion rings. They were both good.

Not a bad option for a cheap, tasty dinner out on the town. Just donapos;t expect to get out of there quickly.
best fight scenes, best fight scenes ever, best fight song.



Комментариев нет: